THE BIGGEST ADVANTAGES OF A SPORTS BRA
Even light jogging means high-performance sport for the breast ligament apparatus, which consists only of skin, fat, glands, ligaments and connective tissue. In contrast to the musculature, nothing can be trained there. Especially in movement-intensive sports such as running, the skin quickly loses its elasticity and chest pain occurs. The risk of posture problems also increases. Special running bras, premium products with padded straps or a sports bustier with very high support strength can help. Normal everyday bras are completely unsuitable for running training because they simply do not provide enough support.
SPORTS BRA FOR RUNNING: WHAT MATERIALS ARE THERE?
Today's sports bras for running are almost always made of soft functional materials and also have odour-inhibiting and antibacterial properties. Breathable synthetic material mixes conduct excess heat and moisture away from your body and make you feel dry on your skin. The fabrics dry particularly quickly and models with mesh inserts ensure a perfect air supply. Seamless models prevent unpleasant rubbing during long training sessions, lie comfortably on the skin and are also very popular in our sports bra shop at Keller Sports.
WHAT CHARACTERISTICS DOES A SPORTS BRA HAVE?
- Strap types: The wider the straps of a sports bra, the better they distribute the weight on the shoulders. Make sure that the straps do not cut painfully into the bra, but also do not slip. Models with a cross-over function are particularly recommended for challenging workouts, as they sit firmly.
- With or without fastening: sports bras without fastening are simply pulled over the head like a wrestling top. Of all the types of fasteners, this form offers the safest hold. But hook fasteners also guarantee a good fit.
- Support level: The level divisions describe the level of support of a sports bra. The higher the level, the more supporting elements the bra contains and the more the natural movement of your breast is absorbed. The levels are: Low Impact (Yoga and Pilates), Medium Impact (hiking, cycling, Zumba) und High Impact (fitness and running).
- Breathability: The necessary breathability is provided by crossed straps on the back of many current models, perforated cups and the underbust band, which wicks away moisture to the outside.
- Air circulation: Additional mesh inserts ventilate the areas where most sweat drops accumulate during exercise.
- Moisture transport: With a wet, heavy bra, training quickly becomes uncomfortable. Therefore the material of the sports bra should be moisture-regulating. Sweat is transported from the inner material layers to the outer ones where it can evaporate.
HOW SHOULD A RUNNING SPORT BRA FIT?
As with all bras, the size of a premium sports bra also depends on the size. Only when the bra fits perfectly can it do its job and provide ideal support for your breasts. As the sports size does not necessarily correspond to your standard size, it is worth taking a tape measure: simply measure and note your underbust and bust girth and then compare the sizes in our sports bra shop. It is also important that the bra is comfortable to wear. That means: a good running bra must not pinch and must not give you the feeling of being constricted even when you are wearing it very tightly. When buying a bra, pay attention to material and workmanship. Protruding seams, scratchy labels and pressing underwires are taboo. Soft fabrics that lie comfortably on the skin offer the highest level of wearing comfort.
HOW (OFTEN) SHOULD YOU WASH RUNNING SPORTS BRAS?
In order to prevent material damage caused by perspiration, it is important that you wash your sports bra after each intensive use. Most models can be washed at 30 to 40 degrees together with your normal washing, some even at 60 degrees - if in doubt, please refer to the washing instructions. Important: Never use fabric softener, because it will settle in the fabric and block the pores that provide breathability.
RUNNING BRAS AT KELLER SPORTS
To find the ideal sports bra online, the Keller Sports Laufsport BH Shop offers you a large selection of top brands such as adidas, Nike or ASICS. All sizes, shapes and colours are represented. And with the different filters you can easily select your individual criteria and order your sports bra online. Also look out for our running bras sale, where premium models are often available at particularly attractive prices.