THE BIGGEST ADVANTAGES OF RUNNING PANTS
The high wearing comfort of premium running pants is ensured by a close fit and extra flat seams that do not rub against the thighs. But that's not the only reason why today's running trousers are usually cut very close to the body. The tight fit also has a positive effect on the muscles and blood circulation. The compression stimulates blood circulation. At the same time, the compressive cut protects against muscle vibrations, which can prevent fine tears in the muscle that are otherwise noticeable as muscle soreness a day later.
WHAT TYPES OF RUNNING TROUSERS ARE THERE ?
Running shorts come in a wide variety of lengths: Which variant is right for you depends on your preferences and the respective purpose. The important thing is: A pair of trousers only fits perfectly when they are so comfortable that you can't feel them at all.
- Tights: Their tight-fitting nature supports the muscles through compression and helps to prevent fatigue and reduce the risk of injury.
- ¾ Running tights: Tights in a capri cut - the so-called three-quarter tights - are a good alternative for warmer temperatures.
- Running shorts: Shorts are the ideal companion on the indoor treadmill or for hot summer days.
- Sweatpants: Most similar to classic jogging pants, but still breathable and functional.
- Thermal running tights: Insulate even at low temperatures thanks to the brushed inside, which, in addition to the thickness of the fabric, provides optimal thermal protection.
WHAT MATERIALS AND PROPERTIES DO RUNNING TIGHTS HAVE?
In terms of materials, the majority of current running tights are made from high-performance polyester fabrics. The lightweight synthetic fibres such as polyester or polypropylene retain body heat as well as wool, but are more elastic and breathable because they optimally transfer moisture from the inside to the outside. Here's an overview of the other features that make a good pair of running shorts:
- Pockets: Very practical to take money, keys or your smartphone with you on your run.
- Compression: The muscle support of compression tights can increase performance by several percent.
- Inner mesh: Special mesh inserts or ventilation strips provide the right ventilation, such as the ClimaCool system from adidas.
- Thermal trousers: Insulating fleece lining keeps your legs from getting cold even in sub-zero temperatures.
- Reflectors: If you're out in traffic at dusk, look out for reflective elements to guarantee your visibility.
- "Safe shorts": Are tear-resistant, cut-resistant and have been specially developed to protect runners who are out alone in nature.
THE BEST RUNNING SHORTS FOR EVERY SEASON
Thermal running trousers are to winter what breezy running shorts are to summer: a lifesaver from extreme temperatures. But there is also a huge selection in between. Find out here what is important in the different seasons when buying the best possible running shorts:
Running trousers for winter
In icy, snowy or sub-zero temperatures, even joggers who are not so sensitive to the cold should opt for thermal running tights. The thermal tight protects you from adverse conditions with softshell materials or a fleece lining and ensures optimal temperature regulation. Reflective elements also increase your visibility at dusk.
Running shorts for summer
Running shorts are made of moisture-wicking material and thus guarantee a dry feeling even in sweaty temperatures thanks to additional mesh inserts. Running shorts for men are usually designed with an integrated brief, while women's running shorts with tight-fitting inner shorts ensure the best possible breathability.
Running shorts for the transitional season
In late summer, running shorts are still the order of the day. However, from an outside temperature of 6 degrees or less, runners should definitely wear long running shorts to protect their muscles from cooling down too quickly. Running trousers that are particularly good at keeping out the wind are ideal for colder days in autumn or spring.
LARGE SELECTION: RUNNING TROUSERS ON OFFER AT KELLER SPORTS
At Keller Sports you'll find a huge selection of high-quality running trousers for men and women from top brands. Premium running trousers from Nike, adidas, ASICS, New Balance and more are often available online at particularly attractive prices in our running trousers sale.