The biggest advantages of running pants
The high wearing comfort of premium running trousers is ensured by a tight fit and extra flat seams that do not rub against the thighs. But that is not the only reason why today's running pants are usually cut very close to the body. The tight fit also has a positive influence on the muscles and circulation. The blood circulation is stimulated by the compression. At the same time, the compressing cut protects against muscle vibrations, which can prevent fine tears in the muscle that would otherwise be felt as sore muscles a day later.
What types of running pants are there?
Running pants are available in a wide variety of lengths: Which one is the right one for you depends on your preferences and the respective purpose. The important thing is: A pair of trousers only fits perfectly when it is so comfortable that you don't even feel it.
- Tights: In their tight-fitting nature, they support the muscles through compression and help prevent fatigue and reduce the risk of injury.
- ¾ running pants: Tights in a Capri cut - the so-called three-quarter pants - are a good alternative for warmer temperatures.
- Running shorts: Shorts are the ideal companion on the treadmill indoor or for hot summer days.
- Sweatpants: Most similar to the classic sweatpants, but still breathable and functional.
- Thermal running tights: Insulate through the brushed inside even at low temperatures, which provides optimal thermal protection in addition to the thickness of the fabric.
What materials and properties does a pair of running pants have?
In terms of materials, the majority of current running trousers are made of high-performance polyester fabrics. The light synthetic fibres such as polyester or polypropylene keep the body heat as well as wool, but are more elastic and breathable as they optimally transfer moisture from the inside to the outside. Here we show you an overview of the other properties that make good running trousers:
- Pockets: Very practical to take money, keys or the smartphone with you on your run.
- Compression: Due to the muscle support of the compression stights an increase in performance of several percent is possible.
- Inner mesh: Special mesh inserts or ventilation strips provide the right ventilation, such as the ClimaCool system from adidas.
- Thermo pants: Keep your legs from cooling down even in sub-zero temperatures with an insulating fleece lining.
- Reflectors: If you are on the road at dusk and dawn, you should pay attention to reflective elements on your running clothes to ensure your visibility.
- "Safe shorts": Are tear-resistant, cut-resistant and were developed especially for the protection of runners who are alone in nature.
The best running pants for every season
Thermal running trousers are in winter what airy running shorts are in summer: the rescue from extreme temperatures. But even in between, the choice is huge. Here you can find out what is especially important in the different seasons when buying your best possible running pants:
Running pants for the winter
In case of ice, snow or minus temperatures, even joggers who are not so sensitive to cold should use thermal running pants. The Thermo-Tight protects against adverse conditions with soft shell materials or a fleece lining and provides optimum temperature regulation. Reflective elements also increase your own visibility in the twilight.
Running pants for the summer
Running shorts are made of moisture-wicking material and thus guarantee a dry feeling even at sweaty temperatures thanks to additional mesh inserts. Running shorts for men are usually designed with integrated briefs, while ladies' running shorts with tight-fitting inner shorts provide the best possible breathability.
Running pants for the transition period
In late summer, short running trousers are definitely still the order of the day. However, from an outside temperature of 6 degrees or less, runners should definitely go on tour in long running trousers to protect their muscles against cooling down too quickly. Running trousers that are particularly good at keeping the wind out are ideal for the colder days in autumn or spring.
Große Auswahl: Laufhosen Angebote im Keller Sports Online-Shop
At Keller Sports you will find a huge selection of high-quality running pants for men and women from top brands. The premium running pants by Nike, adidas, ASICS, New Balance etc. are often available in our running pants sale at very attractive prices.
Many of them have been tested by our Keller Sports Pros personally in training or at running events. Do you still have questions about running pants? In the Keller Sports Running-Shop you can get our friendly advice at any time via live chat, phone or email.